3D Juggling 675: The e
March 16, 2015 By Claire Pedrick
Claire writes: “Every time we introduce STOKeRS
- Subject – what shall we talk about?
- Time – in the time we have, which bit of that?
- Outcome – what do you want to be different by the end?
- Know – how will you know (only useful if they haven’t said that in the O)
- Role – how are we going to do this
- Start – where shall we start?
as a way to create a great container for a conversation, we are asked what the e is for. The simple answer is that we all have different ideas, so we leave it out. Here are some of them:
- Everything else (Alan) – Everything else that might be important to the person being coached
- Exceptional circumstances (Clare) – Are there any exceptional circumstances that I need to know about that are going on for you in life right now?
- Essence (Claire) – a question to you – what’s the essence of what I am hearing – is it a balance or is it heavily weighted towards facts or towards feelings?
- Environment (Nicky) – what’s around in the environment eg political, economic, society, technology, legal, environmental or organisational?
And Su doesn’t think it’s necessary to have anything else in there – any more opening questions make it less simple!”
© 2015 3D Coaching Ltd
May be distributed freely. Please retain contact details: www.3dcoaching.com and send a copy/ link to email@example.com Register here to receive our blog posts every Monday by email