3D offer high quality training and development in all sectors. And we love working in the church where we combine our professional skills and approach with a deep understanding of vocation. We believe that coaching is a holy space, drawing on Christian tradition in many different ways, and that conversations that are high in grace and truth have an important place in the church.
“Often with theology we have a lot of ology (study) and not much theo. You are so full of theo and the whole 3D Coaching is so full of theo it’s really given me a new line of thinking in terms of God being the ultimate coach.”
We do this by:
We recognise that many clergy have had little training or formation in working with peers. Given that the learning from formation in pastoral care does not always translate, we offer:
“Best most professional training I’ve ever heard: with immediate application, so it’s not aspirational but transferable. I really appreciate that you work in different organisations and spheres. We in the church benefit from that wider approach – good use of flip charts. I am hard to impress, but this is pretty good….Coaching can offer clarity in a short space of time, more than I can imagine”
All our training is about having effective and transformational conversations. Several of our 3D team do other work, and we have friends who do conflict and change work. Talk to us if you’d like a recommendation.
Vocational discernment and development for clergy
At 3D we understand the balance between vocational and professional. We
- have worked with clergy who are working in every diocese in the Church of England and the Church in Wales, in the Methodist Church and with other denominations of all traditions
- share ideas, best practice and learning with our partners at Coaching4Clergy
- are committed to support clergy to develop in their own ministry and vocation
- have contributed to ‘The Curates Guide’, ‘Ministry 3.0: How Today’s Church Leaders are using Coaching to Transform Ministry’ and written ‘How to Make Great Appointments in the Church: Calling, Competence and Chemistry’
- continue to learn and develop through the work we do with you – and are exploring the theology and spirituality of coaching
Here is an overview of some of the ways in which we are working with the church: 2013 3D Coaching in the Church