We love working in the church where we combine our professional coaching skills with a deep understanding of vocation. We believe that coaching is a holy space, drawing on Christian tradition in many different ways, and that conversations that are high in grace and truth have an important place in the church.
“Often with theology we have a lot of ology (study) and not much theo. You are so full of theo and the whole 3D Coaching is so full of theo it’s really given me a new line of thinking in terms of God being the ultimate coach.”
Have some coaching
- Clergy coaching for discernment, form filling and interviews
- Workshops for groups of clergy who are moving on
- Regular coaching/or work consultancy for church leaders
‘It was great to meet you last week, at truly what was one of the best CME events I have had the privilege of attending. I was very impressed indeed.’ Rev SH
We recognise that many clergy have had little training or formation in working with peers. Growing disciples is hard in a culture that for hundreds of years has been about dependency. We train church leaders using the simplest learning from coaching:
- Transforming Conversations
- Ministerial Review training
- Vocational conversations with individuals and with groups
- Training in facilitating action learning sets for curate formation and other group work
- Training senior staff and local reps in Making Great Appointments
“Best most professional training I’ve ever heard: with immediate application, so it’s not aspirational but transferable. I really appreciate that you work in different organisations and spheres. We in the church benefit from that wider approach – good use of flip charts. I am hard to impress, but this is pretty good….Coaching can offer clarity in a short space of time, more than I can imagine”
We train you to have better conversations and some ministers decide to progress and complete a fuller training with us to become a coach. There’s always more to learn!
Some of our training is run in partnership with J Val Hastings at Coaching4Clergy
3D are always working to develop capacity in churches and regional and national networks so we run Train the Trainer programmes so that you can learn to work like we do. We also host a Community of Practice for people using coaching in the church – a place to share good ideas and give and receive low-cost quality coaching. Check out our blog for churches.
All our training is about having effective and transformational conversations. Several of our 3D team do other work, and we have friends who do conflict and change work. Talk to us if you’d like a recommendation. At 3D we understand the balance between vocational and professional. We
- have worked with every diocese in the Church of England and the Church in Wales, in the Methodist Church and with other denominations of all traditions
- share ideas, best practice and learning with our partners at Coaching4Clergy
- are committed to support clergy to develop in their own ministry and vocation
- have contributed to ‘The Curates Guide’, ‘Ministry 3.0: How Today’s Church Leaders are using Coaching to Transform Ministry’ and written ‘How to Make Great Appointments in the Church: Calling, Competence and Chemistry’
- continue to learn and develop through the work we do with you – and are continually exploring the theology and spirituality of coaching