3D Coaching Principles
At it’s heart, coaching is deceptively simple and powerful… when we can learn to leave behind being the expert.
We are learning all the time, and these get simpler the more we think about them. 3D’s Principles fit well into the ICF Core Competencies and you will find many practical tips and examples in our blog. It’s simple.
The 3D principles of coaching (revised August 2018) are:
- Ask them
- Keep the responsibility in the middle
- We process – you action
- Change hats with consent
- Be silent and ask questions where necessary
- Change the medium
- Ask questions from a different place
- Notice don’t diagnose
- Do it now
- When it’s over, it’s over
- Don’t talk to the wavy people
- Show the working out
- Be unconditionally positive about time
It’s simple! Simple isn’t always easy. Here is an example of a Master Coach at work and you can access recordings of masterclasses on each competency to learn more.