If you are serious about developing your skill, mentor coaching is, without doubt, the fastest and most effective way of becoming an extraordinary coach. Learning and reflective practice are useful. Mentor Coaching uses real data. Listening to recordings of your own sessions – and how thinkers respond to your coaching is what counts! That’s why ICF require all coaches applying for accreditation to work with a mentor coach.
This is different from coaching supervision where we explore the dynamics of the coaching conversation and its impact on you, using your self-reflection. Mentor Coaching is a safe space to make significant tweaks to your practice. And it’s a great place to notice your bad habits and work on how to be in partnership.
3D Coaching offer 1-1 mentor coaching for coaches at all levels – ACC, PCC and MCC. Online mentor coaching groups are available for
- Associate Certified Coach
- Professional Certified Coach
- and during covid19 we are running groups for aspiring MCC coaches
All of our mentor coaching groups:
- have a maximum of 6 people – you need to find your place and space in the group
- include three one hour 1-1s. These are at the beginning, middle and end of the programme. Your mentor will listen with you to a recording of you working with a thinker. Together, we explore your strengths and areas to develop. It is likely that you will submit one or two of these recordings as part of your credential application.
- include seven one hour group sessions. The learning comes from coaching, observation and feedback. Your 3D mentor will pause and give feedback against the ICF Core Competencies. This practical work is where people do their greatest development.
- free access to pre-recorded masterclassses by Claire Pedrick MCC on each of the the ICF core coaching competencies. Giving you access to pre-recorded learning frees up the group time to focus on practical application
The next group will be on seven Thursdays 08.45-09.45 (UK) with Peronel Barnes PCC. The final starting date will be confirmed as soon as the group is formed:
- Thursday 19 November
- Thursday 17 December 2021
- Thursday 21 January
- Thursday 18 February
- Thursday 18 March
- Thursday 22 April
- Thursday 24 June
- Thursday 15 July
- Thursday 12 August
Call Claire on 07823 497967 or email email@example.com. You can have your 1-1 as soon as you sign up!
If you want to renew your ACC credential, once a year, Claire offers a dedicated group for you. You are probably using coaching in another role, and we take account of that in the way we work.
It is important to us that our fees are a fair exchange for you and for 3D, and that mentor coaching is affordable for you whoever and wherever you are. We have a minimum and negotiate fees with you when you contact us depending on the hourly rate you charge for coaching.
“A huge thank you for such a good experience with the coach mentoring workshops. You create such a great learning environment with a lightness of style combined with real depth that is inspiring.” MG