Learning with 3D
As we continue to learn, we simplify what we share with you to enable you to have better conversations which are both are supportive and challenging. There are some simple principles
that underpin these. These are based on what the International Coach Federation define as mastery in coaching. Each principle is useful in many different work contexts. When you use them all at the same time it is called coaching. Once you have tried out some of the principles and are having conversations of a different quality, we will think with you about what using some of these might look like in your context.
Many of the people who come to learn with us will use these without ever using the coaching word, and some of the people we train are experienced independent coaches going for professional accreditation. We model what we value in the way we deliver training. You can find out more about how we work here
Our initial training Transforming Conversations is 28 hours on site. Here you learn to have transformational conversations using the simplest learning from coaching.
Once you have done that, everything else can be done though our virtual training room online. We recommend that you add training at a slow and steady pace so that you can apply it as you go.
- Read our blog
- Buy our postcards
- Sponsor a course in your organisation
If you liked what you learned and think you have forgotten it, dip your toe in the water again in a two hour webinar with Claire.
STEP 1: LEARN
In our one day taster training, people understand how to create a container for a conversation. If you want to be able to apply this consistently
- Transforming Conversations provides 4 days in which you can take your learning further and deeper. At the end of it, your conversations will be more robust and have more impact.
- Action Learning Set Facilitation Training is 1 day where you can learn to create a container for people to think in a group context – it is simply a form of many to one coaching. Since the 1960s Action Learning Sets have been transforming the way people learn at work and share good practice.
There is no expectation that delegates coming to these courses have done any prior training in coaching or with 3D although some people will have done.
BUILD CAPACITY: We work with you to build capacity in coaching in your organisation through free drop ins for organisational sponsors and more
- Keep practicing in small groups like the ones on the course
- Join a Practicum online where you can practice, observe and listen with a 3D Coach in the room all the time. (8 training hours). This is the best next step after Transforming Conversations and a great transition if you are trained elsewhere and new to the simplicity of 3D
Learn a bit more about coaching
Learn how to apply these skills
STEP 3 VALIDATE
- Accreditation as a coach is an external validation of your skills. All 3D’s training can be used towards accreditation as a coach with the ICF, through their portfolio route.
- Mentor Coaching will support you in your development and is required by the International Coach Federation
- We recommend that coaches continue to get coaching supervision as part of their ongoing development and offer group supervision online as well as working 1-1