Becoming an ICF Accredited Coach through 3D
Coaching accreditation is a gateway on your journey, not a place to start coaching. By the time you go for ICF Accreditation you will need
- 60 training hours (starting with a decent foundation – Transforming Conversations or Action Learning Set Facilitator Training)
- 100 logged coaching hours after you did your foundation training
- 10 hours mentor coaching
If you decide to externally validate your coaching, we recommend the ICF Accreditation process because they assess your skills – rather than your knowledge – against their core competencies. All the coach specific training you do with 3D is suitable for ICF Portfolio Accreditation. You can also bring in Face to Face or Voice to Voice coach specific training from other providers if it fulfils the ICF criteria.
- A minimum of 80% of your training hours need to be on the ICF Core Competencies of Coaching (CC)
- A maximum of 20% of your training hours can be on Resource Development (RD)
- A minimum of 80% of your training hours need to be live – on site or online
- A maximum of 20% of your training hours can be asynchronous – listening to pre-recorded material, or reflective writing
You can choose whether you
- commit to doing all your coach training with 3D Coaching and pay up front
- or sign up to individual courses and pay as you go
*3D has chosen not to become an ICF Accredited Coach Training Programme because once you have completed our training we would like your coaching skills to be assessed by someone independent of 3D Coaching. All our training can be used as part of a portfolio application to ICF and we provide the documentation you need..
Here is a map of what the journey with 3D might look like, and what it might cost.
To book your place, arrange modules and gain access to the recordings you need, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07823 497967