Liz Ford is a business coach, Action Learning Set Facilitator and trainer with a passion for personal development. She has a special interest in the training and ongoing development of managers/leaders and believes in working in partnership with her clients to build belief, realise potential and achieve both personal and business goals.
Liz works with managers and executives from a variety of public and private sector backgrounds, helping them to get the best out of themselves and their teams.
Common coaching topics include:
- Building confidence
- Developing influencing skills
- Maximising individual and collaborative performance
- Enabling change
- Communicating more effectively
- Engaging staff
- Managing the transition from doing to leading
- Connecting with others more effectively
- Unlocking individual potential
She has a very practical approach, working with real issues in a way that ensures identified solutions can genuinely be implemented in the workplace.
Organisational clients have included:
- Leeds Metropolitan University
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Bradford University School of Management
- Fresenius Medical Care
Prior to becoming an independent coach and consultant Liz spent ten years both nursing and managing in the NHS before moving into the Healthcare Industry and progressing to the role of UK Training and Development Manager for a large global dialysis company. The skills which she developed during her nursing career enable her to build strong working relationships quickly. However her sound commercial background ensures that she is not afraid to challenge her corporate clients to seize their potential and heighten their performance.
Liz is an active member of the Association for Coaching and chairs the West Yorkshire Co-coaching forum. She is also an associate tutor for personal development on the MBA programme at Bradford University School of Management and is currently undergoing training to become a coaching supervisor.
Liz’s Christian faith underpins her work in all its many facets. When she’s not working Liz enjoys walking, reading and music. She lives in the village of Harden, West Yorkshire with her husband and two young children.
“From the outset of our coaching sessions Liz assisted me to focus on the issue that were key for me. From the first session I was able to make some changes to my day to day working practices that have been invaluable. It was particularly helpful to reflect on issues around relationship management and how others may perceive my actions. The coaching has made a real difference to me in terms of my current role but also in being able to determine what direction I want my future career to take. Just a few coaching sessions has helped me reflect on what is important to me and take this forward. Thank you very much Liz and I look forward to working with you again if the opportunity arises.”
Senior Manager, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- Fully Accredited as a coach with Association for Coaching
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business & Executive Coaching Leeds Metropolitan University, 2006
- Training and Development Specialist Electives, CIPD, 2003
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management, Henley Distance Learning, 1999
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies, Leeds Metropolitan University, 1993
- Registered General Nurse, Guy’s Hospital, London, 1987
CPD undertaken recently
- Becoming a Coaching Supervisor, Michael Carroll, Centre for Supervision Training, January 2009
- Clean Coaching and Emergent Knowledge Course, September, October, November 2008
- Imagery Techniques for Coaching, BPS workshop, July 2008
- Pursuing Mastery, Intensive Coaching Workshop, Newfield, April 2008
- The Secrets of Success, Dale Carnegie, April 2008
- Story Based Learning, Success Stories, CIPD Workshop, March 2008
- Advanced Action Learning Set Facilitation, 3D Coaching, February 2008
- Team Coaching, Coaching Development, December 2006