DiSC is a communications behaviour profiling tool similar to (but not the same as) Myers Briggs which is personality preference based. It was first developed in the 1920s and is a description of your communication preferences and how these can impact how effectively you communicate with others.
How can it be used?
It is acknowledged that DiSC can easily allow individuals and their peers / managers / staff to learn more about themselves and each other in 15 minutes than they could though working together for a whole year.
3D use DiSC to:
- identify behavioural strengths as people look at career and role choices
- help individuals improve their impact when communicating
- deal with conflict by learning how to adapt their communication style
- enhance team working (including across multi-disciplinary teams)
- reduce stress in relationships
- inform performance management
- support recruitment and selection
DiSC is based on the work of Dr William Marston of Harvard University in the 1920s and has been developed through robust ongoing research ever since. He analysed people’s preferences for behaviour at work based upon the interactions between the following four attributes:
Marston said that ‘The ability to interact effectively with people may be the difference between success or failure in our work’. Since people leave managers rather than organisations, experience bears that out.
So DiSC profiling is an excellent way to better understand these interactions and behaviours.
Facilitating Team Development and Making Sustainable Recruitment Decisions using DiSC
DiSC is a great way to facilitate the development of effective and efficient teams where team members
- understand individual and collective strengths
- recognise where the team faces challenges in how it is experienced and therefore perceived by stakeholders
- can identify the behaviours it would be helpful to recruit into the team to maximise its impact
- Make good, sustainable recruitment decisions based on robust evidence
- that enhance the teams’ effectiveness and external profile
Talk to us about doing a DiSC profile and receiving some feedback, or come on a half day workshop to find out more about how to be heard more effectively at work.
Call us on 01462 483798 or email email@example.com if you would like to explore how 3D can run workshops in your organisation where you begin to apply what you learn to real communication challenges you are facing. Half or one day workshops can be provided for teams (functional or multi-disciplinary) or mixed groups.