Are you looking to equip your clergy to navigate the appointments process so that they can be clear about what they bring to a new role?
They bring evidence from every part of their life. And they are usually not very fluent or confident in communicating it! And often they can’t, won’t or don’t know how to engage with the process of applications and interviews.
Moving On is
- a 1 day or 3 day workshop to facilitate clergy to explore what their next job might be
- a place to think about vocation
- a place to understand the clergy appointments process
- an opportunity to learn express who you really are – in applications, cvs and interviews
Participants will leave
- being more confident about making an application for the right kind of job for them
- feeling more comfortable about the tension between vocation and selection
- understanding what’s different about what they uniquely bring to a role
The reason that clergy are good at their jobs is that most of you don’t talk about yourselves. Moving On will help you get fluent. Simply. It’s flexible to meet the needs of the group.
“Thanks very much for the course – it was really good. Following the application which I submitted by email on the evening of day 2, I was shortlisted for interview and I have now been appointed to the post! Thanks for all your very timely help!”
“It was really helpful..and thank you for doing it in such a way that allows the introverts among us not having to work by talking to others all of the time! ”
The handouts we use are constantly updated to include new ideas as clergy make applications and go to interviews. There will be chocolate!
“I wanted to say how very useful the work Claire did with us ‘Oxford Curates’ was. The interviewers commented on the way I was able to respond with an explanation of ‘theory’ and then tell a story or provide some actual experience to back it up. And your advice was most helpful in approaching the interview too as I practised saying aloud answers to some of the obvious questions like ‘Why have you applied?’ as you suggested, and that shifted me from utter incoherence to the point where I was able to speak without undue diffidence.
It would be true to say that your help transformed how I filled in the application and responded to the questions and has undoubtedly played a big part in my getting the job of Rector.”
Rev Elizabeth Moxley
- The course is facilitated by trainers with extensive experience of vocational discernment and selection
- We have worked through this process one to one and in groups for more than 10 years
- We work with curates, experienced clergy and those going for senior appointments
- All of our work comes from referral
Call Claire or Su on 01462 483798 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about how we can meet the needs of your clergy as they prepare to move on. This can be through one to one work or through running events for groups.
Some dioceses are willing to invite others to join the courses which they are sponsoring. Call the office for more details of what is coming up.